Textron showcased the Common Unmanned Surface Vehicle at Sea-Air-Space 2015

a
Sea-Air-Space 2015 - Textron Common Unmanned Surface Vehicle

Textron showcased the Common Unmanned Surface Vehicle at Sea-Air-Space 2015

During Sea-Air-Space 2015, Textron Systems Unmanned Systems showcased its Fleet-Class Common Unmanned Surface Vehicle (CUSV). The CUSV is part of US Navy's Unmanned Influence Sweep System program, which is planned for the Mine Countermeasure (MCM) mission package dedicated to the Littoral Combat Ship (LCS).

During Sea-Air-Space 2015, Textron Systems showcased its Fleet-Class Common Unmanned Surface Vehicle (CUSV). The CUSV is part of US Navy's Unmanned Influence Sweep System program, which is planned for the Mine Countermeasure (MCM) mission package dedicated to the Littoral Combat Ship (LCS).
Textron Systems Unmanned Systems Common Unmanned Surface Vehicle at SAS 2015

In October 2014, Textron Systems Unmanned Systems announced that it has received a $33.8 million contract to provide its Common Unmanned Surface Vehicle for the U.S. Navy’s Unmanned Influence Sweep System (UISS) program. During the 30-month engineering, manufacturing and development period, Textron Systems will design, develop and qualify the UISS system, including both the vessel and its common command-and-control software, which is designed for seamless integration into the Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) mission module control station.

The U.S. Navy intends to use the UISS as a mine countermeasure system, designed for influence sweeping of magnetic and acoustic mines. The Unmanned Influence Sweep System (UISS previously known as the unmanned surface sweep system or USSS) is planned for the Mine Countermeasure (MCM) mission package planned for the Littoral Combat Ship (LCS). The CUSV is compatible with both LCS configurations, and has demonstrated performance during in-water trials.

During Sea-Air-Space 2015, Textron Systems Unmanned Systems showcased its Fleet-Class Common Unmanned Surface Vehicle (CUSV). The CUSV is part of US Navy's Unmanned Influence Sweep System program, which is planned for the Mine Countermeasure (MCM) mission package dedicated to the Littoral Combat Ship (LCS).
Textron Systems Unmanned Systems Common Unmanned Surface Vehicle (CUSV)

The CUSV is designed to methodically sweep a patch of ocean towing a cable designed to trigger so-called influence mines — mines that activate when they detect sounds or magnetic signatures that correspond to those of a large ship.

The company’s fourth-generation CUSV incorporates design enhancements for superior stability required for UISS mission success, even in high sea states; multi-mission performance through a large, configurable payload bay; and high maintainability and reliability. Textron's CUSV demonstrated command-and-control and satellite communications capabilities. The CUSV has been demonstrated with multiple payload packages including side-scan sonar, mine neutralization, nonlethal weapons, and intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance. It is compliant with NATO Standardization Agreement (STANAG) 4586, with Joint Architecture for Unmanned Systems (JAUS) protocol and LCS communication architecture, and with RSS Corporation SeaLancet® data link.