Libervit's underwater hydraulic cutter and spreader solutions showcased at Euronaval 2016

The French company Libervit showcases its underwater hydraulic cutter solutions at Euronaval 2016 LIBERVIT, based in southern France, has over 20 years of experience studying, creating and developing hydraulic and mechanical tools for law enforcement, army and other civil or private rescue teams. Working closely with prestigious units such as RAID, GIGN or French Navy commandos, LIBERVIT identified a need and developped and launched a maritime range. As part of this new maritime range is the first hydraulic cutter and spreader in the world that may be used in deep water for the specific cutting and spreading needs of special forces or rescue operations.

a
EURONAVAL 2016 Online Show Daily - Libervit

Libervit's underwater hydraulic cutter and spreader solutions showcased at Euronaval 2016
LIBERVIT, based in southern France, has over 20 years of experience studying, creating and developing hydraulic and mechanical tools for law enforcement, army and other civil or private rescue teams. Working closely with prestigious units such as RAID, GIGN or French Navy commandos, LIBERVIT identified a need and developped and launched a maritime range. As part of this new maritime range is the first hydraulic cutter and spreader in the world that may be used in deep water for the specific cutting and spreading needs of special forces or rescue operations.

Typical missions in which these hydraulic tools may be used include:
- deforming or cutting a propeller shaft to immobilize a boat (with hostage onboard);
- tearing a gate for access to underwater passage.

The French company Libervit showcases its underwater hydraulic cutter solutions at Euronaval 2016 002
Libervit's underwater hydraulic cutter solutions at Euronaval 2016
(Credit: Navy Recognition)

The MPower hydraulic power unit provides power to the cutter or spreader. It has been developed for underwater use (seawater or freshwater), weight and volume allow the Mpower to stay stabilized. Additional loads can be added to change the buoyancy. The Mpower can also be used once out of the water for breaching aboard a boat or anywhere else. It is equipped with the R360 exclusive system developed and patented by LIBERVIT. This system allows the operator to work in any position. Hydraulic and electric connectors may be connected and disconnected underwater. The MPower provides 45 minutes of autonomy to the associated tools.

The MBP40 cutter has been developed for underwater use (seawater or freshwater). With 350 kN cutting force the MBP40 can be dedicated for cutting Ø22 mm / 0.87 inch bars, cutting a propeller in order to immobilize a boat, and for different other application. The MBP40 can also be used once out of the water for breaching aboard a boat or anywhere else. The MBP40 can be activated by a removable handle control who can allow activating the cutter directly from the tool or who can be disconnected and used as a wired remote control allowing a total distance of 2m- 78.74 inch. The hydraulic hose can be disconnected underwater through our special LIBERVIT fast coupling and allows using either the MBP40 cutter or any other LIBERVITmaritime tool. A float is provided with the MBP40 cutter and allows it to be stable in the water, two addictionnal loads allow to change the buoyancy.

The ME4 spreader has been developed for underwater use (seawater or freshwater). With 36 kN spreading force, the ME4 can be dedicated for spreading bars, bending a rudder, opening gates and for many other application. The ME4 can also be used once out of the water for breaching aboard a boat or anywhere else. The ME4 can be activated by a removable handle control who can allow activating the spreader directly from the tool or who can be disconnected and used as a wired remote control allowing a total distance of 2m- 78.74 inch. The hydraulic hose can be disconnected underwater through our special LIBERVIT fast coupling and allows using either the ME4 spreader or any other LIBERVIT maritime tool. The ME4 spreader is delivered in hard transport case with the float and two additional loads to make the cutter being « zero » and control the depth when in the water without creating air balls.